Bloggtoppen

Blogg listad på Bloggtoppen.se

Friday, June 17, 2011

I GOT THE JOB!!! and swedish healthcare is NOT expensive!

Last Friday: I finally finished the corrections in my thesis and sent it in. I am now officially DONE at university! Well…at least for a while. I believe that you can never get enough knowledge and it is good if you can take time off your job and study for some more if you get the opportunity to. Just to take a break from normal life and refresh, update and fill your brain with more good stuff is good.
In the afternoon I bicycled from Nybro to Örsjö (1.4km that is almost 10 miles) in the rain. At the moment I am willing to do anything to lose weight. I have actually lost 5 kilos so far, but it has taken fooooreeeever… I want to look good for summer/beach, and that is getting a lot closer by the day.
In the evening I dropped Mike off at Senais 25-year birthday party in Nybro/Kalmar. I went home to Ida. We played cards, drank coffee, went for a walk and ate cheese and crackers. At 3.00 am I had to wake up to drive to Nybro to pick Mike up because both I and he forgot that the night bus from Kalmar only goes as far as Nybro on the Fridays...Yawn!


Saturday: I started the day with a cup of coffee as always, then I super cleaned the whole house for several hours. Ida came over and we went for a walk in the forest with Atlas. In the evening I had some red wine and a lot of cat stroking.

In the forest



Sunday: Relax day.

Monday-Friday: I have been working all week. My hours are 07.15am – 16.15pm, but on Fridays I finish around 14pm. Things at work are the same as every other year. This will be my 4:th summer as a receptionist at the orthopedic department at the hospital in Kalmar. There is not much to say about my job really, I receive patients at the reception, make sure that they pay and get them to the doctor. I also answer the phone, take care of the mail and enter referrals into the computer etc.
Sometimes time is going really slow at work because there are not many patients coming in the summertime because a lot of the doctors are on holiday leave. And it is hard for me to do more things at work because I am not too familiar with all the duties there.
The thing that angers me the most at work are the patients that are complaining about how expensive Swedish healthcare is. SAY WHAAAAT??? You pay 900 SEK (75£) and then you get FREE healthcare for approx. 1 year (depending on what the first date you paid was). That is not expensive!
Another thing that angers me a bit is when patients say things like: - I don’t need a “healthcare pay stamp” in my book because I am not planning to get sicker.” (Every time you pay at the doctors you get a stamp in a little book. When you have reached 900 SEK you get free care.) And EVERY TIME I have to remind them that YOU CANNOT KNOW WHEN OR IF YOU ARE GETTING SICK, you might as well get the stamp in your little book now. NOBODY plans on getting sick. But I must say that I am very happy that I only had to pay 900 SEK. I got a lot of treatments and it cost the government a lot of money. I am very grateful that Sweden has got the kind of system they do. Thanks to you all tax payers!

On the 27: th of May I went on a job interview. On Monday the school phoned and told me that I GOT THE JOB!!!

Yesterday: After work I had a 2 hour meeting with my new boss, the principal at the Montessori school in Nybro. She explained my schedule and pay etc. I will be in charge of year 3. I will get a 50% position as class teacher (class year 3-4) and 50 % as recreation (youth worker). I will probably teach English in year 4 too. It feels great to know that I will have an income in autumn and that it seems to be a great school as well.

Today: I have been working. Finished at 14pm. Now I will have a glass of red wine and then I will clean the house. Mike just came home from work too, so I will force him to help me clean. Now when I work full time as well, that is more than fair. Music ON!

No comments: