Bloggtoppen

Blogg listad på Bloggtoppen.se

Sunday, September 04, 2011

1 year of sponsoring a child

One year ago, I saw an advertising on TV about sponsoring a child. It feels great to know that I have managed to help a family in Mali this past year to get a better economy and chance in life. The daughter in their family can now go to school and the whole family gets free healthcare. They also get money so that they can buy themselves more animals, crops and clothes for school. Barnfonden gets 200 sek / 20£ a month from me and they do so much good for people in need.
This is a little something that Djeneba draw for me.
(Her father wrote the letter)


This past week has been filled with work. I find it all interesting, fun and exciting. I have not been up to much more than work really. In the evenings I have been so tired and I have had to do planning for the next day in school, so I have not had the time to do anything else.

On Thursday Mike and I met exactly 8 years ago. We celebrated by going out for dinner in Kalmar yesterday. We ate Chinese food (the restaurant that we were suppose to have gone to were full). It was delicious! In the evening we got some horror films to watch.




In the week, Mike and Mattias have been ripping the stinky floors out at Växjöv 9. It was disgusting because the dirty people that lived there before let their animals piss on the floor. You could actually see the urine on the other side of the floor boards. Yuck!




On Wednesday after work I went to see Ida. She and Annie with friends are going on holiday to Turkey. I will be "taking care" of her cat Leo for the week. I just can't get enough cat petting :)

Leo is playing with water


On Friday evening I went to see Linn and family. We ate taco pie, played some cards and had a really nice evening.


Today I will cut the grass in the garden, clean the house, do the planning for Monday & Tuesday, drive to Nybro to pet Leo and have a bath at my Mom's place and tonight relax with films.

Next week will be filled with work of course :)

No comments: