Bloggtoppen

Blogg listad på Bloggtoppen.se

Friday, September 23, 2011

Flu times

This week has been a short one at work. I went home early on Monday because I was not feeling well. I stayed home on Tuesday and Wednesday. Wednesday to Friday this week we have "study days" (studiedagar) at work, so the students are off school and us teachers are left to do planning etc.

I spent my sick days on the sofa with loads of films. It was actually kind of nice to be a bit under the weather and just to enjoy some relaxation. It has been quite exhausting this first month at my new job. But I like it a lot!

On Thursday I was working all day at the "after school place". Because the school is closed there have been more kids there the past few days.

Last weekend I went out for a long walk in the forest trying to find some chanterelles, but I had no luck. Instead I found a load of blueberries :)


Mike has been over a lot at house nr:9 fixing up the roof in one of the rooms. Soon enough the floors will be put in also. Here we can see some work in progress.


Today I have been working alone at school creating a local curriculum based on the general curriculum in English from year 3-6. It was a little bit difficult to do it by myself. I hope the principal will approve it. I had some nice lunch togehter with two of my colleauges at the local Thai Resataurant. After work I went to town, did some shopping, went to see Ida (ate sandwich cake) and had a bath at my Moms.
Now I will relax in front of the telly with a glass of wine.

Leo is keeping me company while eating cake

Tomorrow I am off to see Dad and Karin for some dinner, and in the evening we are having some drinks at Idas I think.
Mike is away in Falun (North Sweden) to see some friends, so I am alone with the cats until Sunday evening.

No comments: