Bloggtoppen

Blogg listad på Bloggtoppen.se

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring is here!

The cats love the outdoors.




Enjoying the sun, 17 degrees warm.


Together with a glass of wine (alcohol free of course).

Monday – Wednesday: Working as usual. On Wednesday Nancy and I came to work early to fix a proper nice breakfast buffet for the kids. We enjoyed it a lot. After work on Wednesday we all went to a lecture about “Writing on computers before reading”. It was good.

On Thursday and Friday the students were off school and us teachers had time for planning. Jessica (the teacher that is taking over after me) and I were sat for a few hours looking through things. Carl came over and the boys had a few beers.

Yesterday I had a day off! The weather was brilliant; sunny and nice. I was sat outside in the sun having my breakfast. The cats have been out playing all day. Linn and Tuva came over for tea and cakes = “fika”. There is no word in English that translate the word “fika”, but it basically means: to have tea/coffe & cake/sandwiches.



I spent most of yesterday on the phone. I had to sort out all the details about parental benefits and unemployment compensation. I reckon that I now have everything under control.

In the afternoon I met up with Mike to go food shopping for the weekend. It is nice to have him with me to help carry the heavy shopping bags. My back is starting to hurt a bit now. I have read that is has to do with the cartilage bones breaking/loosening up in preparation before delivery. It is also more hard work to move around. I feel a lot bigger now, and there are still 4-5 more weeks to go, my Gosh!

In the evening we made a BBQ, the premiere one! It really feels like the spring is here.

BBQ is lit and the beer (alcohol free of course) has been poured :)



Today my plan is to paint the nursing table white, and to fix the last stuff in the baby room. But first, I need a proper English breakfast (a fry up). Yumm!

Only 9 more days at work!



Week 35

No comments: