Bloggtoppen

Blogg listad på Bloggtoppen.se

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentines Day = Trips to the hospital...

Mike got me a cake and flowers, aawe ;)

I just came back from the hospital. I had to spend last night there because I have experienced some contractions. I have been feeling them for a few days but yesterday they got more frequent.

I went to the hospital yesterday afternoon and they measured the CTG. It showed contractions every 2 minutes, so I got an injection of Bricanyl in my leg to stop them. The Doctor examined me and said that the cervix was fine. So I went home again.

2 hours later it started again, this time it was more intense. When Mike got back from work at 23 pm we went to the hospital again. This time the CTG showed that the contractions were more than twice as strong and they came every two minutes again. I got another injection of Bricanyl and then I stayed overnight. Not so romantic Valentines Day…

In the morning the contractions came back again, but this time not so frequent, like every 10 minutes of something. The doctors examined me again and the cervix was still fine, so they think that I might have a urine infection. I have been to the toilet constantly the past two days... I got penicillin to eat, hopefully that will calm the contractions down. I will find out the test results of the urine infection in a few days.

Now I will focus on relaxation. It feels a lot better to be sat down still. As soon as I move around the contractions gets more intense. I have not felt any pain, just discomfort. I know that the doctors are really good with handling and taking care of early born babies, but it is a lot better for the baby each day it stays inside the womb.

Unfortunately our trip to Gran Canaria will now be cancelled. I do not dare to go anywhere right now. I don’t think I would get a medical certificate to fly now anyway. There will be more times in life to go on holiday! Right now it is not up to me to decide, it is Miss/Mr Baby that is the boss.

The CTG machine

No comments: