Bloggtoppen

Blogg listad på Bloggtoppen.se

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bone marrow test



Day 2 at the hospital

I am really tired.
Today I did a bone marrow test. It hurt. It hurt a lot. It still hurts now actually, but only very little compared to earlier.
After that I did not have anything to do until 14.30, then I went to the well-woman clinic to get some pills. I did a pregnancy test, it was negative which was a huge relief. It wont be possible to be pregnant and go through this treatment that I will get. So im glad the result came out the way it did. It might also effect the possibilities of getting pregnant when the treatment has finished, but that is something I just don’t want to think about right now. One day at a time.
This shit has only just started but I already feel exhausted by it all. I broke down in tears a few times today, but the doctors and nurses are really sweet and they understand. I just wish that I could get some more information about the ward. It feels like I have to ask about everything all the time. I will try to do some investigation tomorrow, hehe.

I got to go home today around 15.00. It feels great to be able to sleep at home. The “private room” I thought I was going to get was just BS. I of course share a room with another patient, an 85 year old woman :) haha
All of the other patients are really old. The average age must be around 75. Today when I sat down for lunch (at the ward) I was sat next to one man with an amputated leg and another one with an amputated ear. I lost my apatite.

Tomorrow I have the operation to put the CVK in. (Don’t know the English word for it and I am to tired to find out) so I cant eat anything after midnight now and I have to shower in disinfectant soap in the morning. Been there, done that already, hehe.
In the afternoon I will have to drink and get some contrast-fluid that is colored pumped into my bloodstream so that they can see on the CT-scan how the tumours look like I guess.
I hope I will be able to go home tomorrow again.
I am starting to get really nervous for when they are going to start the treatment and I will feel poorly. I am also nervous that the bone marrow test will show something more…

Now its time for bed. Night. Hopefully I wont have any scary dreams. The past two nights my dreams have been quite strange.

Love

No comments: