Bloggtoppen

Blogg listad på Bloggtoppen.se

Monday, June 28, 2010

First day at the hospital

Just came back from the hospital. Ida came with me. They did not really do anything special to me today. I had a registration consultation with one of the doctors and they also took a pregnancy test and some more blood tests (HIV and hepatitis). Then they let me go until tomorrow.
I have to be back tomorrow at 8.30. At 9.00 they are going to remove some of my bone marrow to analyze and see if the cancer cells have spread that far. I am quite nervous for that test. My mom is coming with me on that one.
At 12.00 I have to do a CT-scan and at 14.00 I have to be at the well-woman clinic. I am not sure what they have planned for me more during the rest o the day. We will just have to wait and see. I do know that I can not go home tomorrow, I have to sleep at the hospital which is not really what I wanted but what can I do huh? At least I will get my private room (number 13…haha) and the view from the top floor is amazing actually so I should not complain, or?

I don not only have cancer I also have got a terrible cold. It feels like someone is stood on my chest. It is hard to breathe and I get short of breath really easy. My medicine and inhaler does not give me any relief because my swollen windpipes are squeezed in between my lungs and tumours, there is just no more space. But hopefully is will go away soon.
Oh, by the way, the nurse weighed me and now I am 63 kg. I was 66 kg just about 2 weeks ago. This is not a good sign I think.
On Wednesday morning the will put in an CVK (a small “thing” that they will use to put the Cytotoxin / Chemo Theraphy through) under my skin in my chest/neck area. It will be a small operation and I do not have to be put to sleep.

I think its going to look like this

Now I am going to eat some pizza and sit in the sun to get some tan. Do not know when I can write again.

Love

No comments: