Bloggtoppen

Blogg listad på Bloggtoppen.se

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My first radiotherapy sessions

Now I am home again so I can write another post.

Last Sunday we celebrated Vendelas 3rd birthday in Lindås. She is so adorable and cute!

On Monday I got up at 5:00 am and drove to Kalmar hospital. I took the bus from there to Linköping at 7.25 am and got there for 11.00 am. I had my first radiotherapy session at 11.10 and it went fine. It took about 20 minutes this time because they took some x-ray photos as well to make sure that everything was in the correct position. The nurses were constantly measuring the distance on my body. I did not feel anything.

This is the radiotherapy machine. It makes a funny sound and crawls around my body.

This is my nurse Manuel, he is so cool :)


After the session I had some lunch in the café at the hospital and sat down at the computers there for a while before I headed down town to find the hostel. It took me about 20 minutes to walk there.

It is a nice hostel (Linköpings vandrarhem) but nothing special. It is just a normal room with a TV and internet (if you bring a computer, which I have not done) toilet and shower. In the evening I chilled out at the hostel because I was so tired.
I get breakfast in the morning (Before 9.00 am) and some sandwiches in the afternoon (before 19.00pm) the food is ok.
I slept in the hostel on Monday and Tuesday night.

My room


On Monday
On Tuesday
On Tuesday I had my second treatment and everyting went ok. It took about 10 minutes. I did not feel anything :)
In the afternoon I met up with my friend Christel around 17.00 pm. I have not seen her since we worked and lived together in Gran Canaria in 2003. It was sooo nice to see her again! We sat down at a restaurant not far from the hostel and we had some dinner together and talked about the good old times and everything else as well :)

Today I had my third treatment at 11:20 am and it only took 5 minutes. It was because they did not have to take any x-ray pictures this time. I did not feel anything. The nurse told me that the doctor had had a look at the pictures and that everything was fine.
Afterwards I had lunch at the café and then I took the bus home at 12:45. At 16:30 I got back to Kalmar and then drove back to Örsjö after a stop at Nybro to drop my mom off and to do some food shopping.

Now I am home again and it feels good. Mike is at work but I can finally hug the cats. It just sucks a bit that I have to get up at 5:00 am in the morning again to take the bus back to Linköping…. I will sleep at the hostel tomorrow.

No comments: