Bloggtoppen

Blogg listad på Bloggtoppen.se

Saturday, October 09, 2010

FINAL TREATMENT FINALLY!

When I got to the hospital yesterday I did not know if they were going to give me the treatment or not, but the doctor said that the lung x-ray was ok, and that the spirometry test was "not as good as it should but still not to bad".
The nurses took some more blood tests and they measured my lung capacity on how well I absorb oxygen. It was fine, but the bloodtest showed that I have an infection of some kind in my body. I still recieved my LAST treatment!
They gave me as normal: Doxorubicin, vinblastine and dacarbazine, but because they are still waiting for me to do the more advanced lung X-ray they decided not to give me the bleomycin this time. Instead I got tablets to eat at home: Cortisone (Betapred) and some form of Antibiotics. So now the shelf in the bathroom is filled with all sorts of medicine...
IT FEELS GREAT THAT THIS WAS THE LAST OF THE CHEMOTHERAPY!!!
All I can do now is to hope and pray that the PET-scan and the next bone marrow test that I will have after the radiotherapy will show that the cancer has gone away.

What a mess, hehe

No comments: