Bloggtoppen

Blogg listad på Bloggtoppen.se

Friday, October 15, 2010

Memories from GC 2001-2003





I did not fall asleep until after 5 am this morning. I have totally changed my circadian rhythm. Yesterday morning I think it was around 4 am I fell asleep. It is getting worse…I have to try to go to bed tonight really early.
I had a lovely day yesterday. First I went to my cousin Erika for a visit in the daytime to see her and the kids. Then in the evening I went home to Susan and her parents in Västrakulla. She had made us a yummy dinner.

When I got home I was sat up for quite some time in front of the computer, scanning old photos from 2001-2003 when I lived and worked in Gran Canaria. It is nice to look at these pictures and be reminded of the “good old days”. The life I lived in Gran Canaria for 2 years was so much fun. Every day was an adventure: Beach, pool, shopping, going to restaurants, parties, clubs, dancing, friends etc. Something was always happening. When I lived at Nilo´s, all you had to do was to go outside the front door and there was a party. Brilliant! Gran Canaria is such a beautiful island and there are lots of places to go around and explore. When I lived there we use to rent a car sometimes just to drive around up in the mountains. There are many lovely white sand beaches to go to if you get on the bus to go to Anfi del mar beach or Amadores beach. There are big shopping centers in Vecindario and Las Palmas where you can go and easily spend an entire day.
I miss the lifestyle of course, but I don’t think I could handle it anymore. It was a bit too crazy. I have grown up “a bit” and there are other things in life than to party and have fun. With life and age comes responsibilities and duties I am afraid…haha, shit…

No comments: