Bloggtoppen

Blogg listad på Bloggtoppen.se

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Cytotoxin

Day 4
Today I fixed the filling in my tooth in the morning and when I came back to the ward I had a talk with my doctor. I was supposed to have started the treatment today but because the nurses did not understand that I was suppose to have taken a tablet before I went home yesterday I could not start the treatment because it would have been to risky to damage my kidneys. The tablet was suppose to have given me some kind of protection for the kidneys because the Cytotoxin / Cellpoison is so strong. He also told me that the tumour I have in my chest/lung area is as big as 10cm in diameter. Shit. He also told me that after the 16 weeks of treatment that I will get, I also have to follow up with radiation every day for around 3 weeks. That will be done at another hospital in another town (Linköping) about 3-4 hours away from here by car. The scan I had yesterday showed that I do not have any tumours below my stomache which means that I am in risk group 2A, better than in group 3 anyway. The chances of me having cancer in my bone marrow are therefor very slim. That is good news.

Now I have to wait with the treatment until tomorrow. I was ready for it today. My mom was with me and I felt strong.
This wait is driving me crazy, it makes me more nervous. I felt sick all day with anxiety. In the evening Linn, Sofie and Ida (+Atlas-dog) came to see me and the anxiety went away for a good while. Thank you girls, love you long, long time.


When I came back to Nybro around 12 o clock, I met up with my dad and Karin. We went to a Café and sat down with some sandwiches and coffee for a while. It was nice. My dad filled my car up with petrol and bought me a big fan that I can have next to me at home when I am sat in the sofa watching telly, chilling. It is so, so warm in the house. Around 28 degrees Celsius...too warm.

I managed to eat a little bit of dinner later. I hope I get some sleep tonight. Ida and my mom is coming with me to the hospital tomorrow and Mike is coming as soon as he finishes work. He makes me dinner and is cleaning the house now when I am in pain after the test and operation :) Me like!
Tomorrow I have to sleep at the hospital.

When I came to my room this morning the old woman was gone and a young girl, about my age was in the other bed. I believe she was in there for some treatment just for the day. So I guess there is not just old people after all.

The view from my room. Can not complain :)

No comments: