Bloggtoppen

Blogg listad på Bloggtoppen.se

Saturday, July 03, 2010

First day of Chemotheraphy

Day 5-6
Yesterday I got to the hospital around 8 o’clock in the morning. Ida and my mom were with me. First I took one Allopurinol tablet that is protecting the kidneys a little bit. I am suppose to take one every morning from now on. The side effect of that can be problems with skin rash but nothing else I believe. I still have not googled it, hehe.
At 11 o’clock they started the Chemotherapy. They connected the tube that goes from the Port a Cath to another tube and then they put “stuff” in me. First I got an injection with anti-sickness substance called Zofran and I also got a cortisone substance that started with a B… I can not remember what is was called. After that the treatment with cell poison began.
My mixture is called ABVD and it’s a mixture of 4 different kinds off cell poison:
Adriamycin (Doxorubicon)
Biomycin
Vinblastin
Dakarbazin

First the nurse put in the Vinblastin and the Doxorubicon in the tube and that only took about 10-15 minutes. Then I got the Biomycin from the intravenous drip (IV), that took 2 hrs. Last they gave me the Dakarbazin (also from IV) and that took 30 minutes. Last I got a water and salt mix (Saline) in me through the IV and then it was finished.
I did not feel so much at first but when they put the last Doxorubicon in I started to feel a bit hot and my heart was beating very fast. It felt like I was on a boat or a ferry and that I had been drinking about 8 Redbulls. That feeling slowly went away and I did not really feel anything. No sickness or nothing. My mom stayed until Mike came at 17 o’clock. At 20.00 I just wanted to sleep so I got in bed and tried to sleep but the woman (that now stays in my room, around 70 yrs old) was in a lot of pain and she was given blood to and she was also a bit confused and scared of everything kept calling on the nurses all the time and asking me for things. I guess she taught that I was a nurse or something. The nurses moved me into my private room around 00.30. I got a TV and own toilet so that was cool. Probably feel asleep at 01.00 in the morning.

Today I woke up when Mike came to see me at 8.00. I had a terrible taste in my mouth when I woke up. I think it’s the cell poison that causes that, also some foods do not taste right. I ate a sandwich and some yoghurt for breakfast. Drank some more water, I am suppose to drink 3-4 liters a day. Then lunch came and after that the nurse took away the needle that was connected to my Port a Cath and cleaned the stitches up and put a plaster on. I got my medicine + anti sickness tablets with me home and then left the hospital around 14.30. I felt a bit sick in the car on the way home so I took two tablets. They are called ondansetron.
I just feel a bit dizzy now and do not really have any apatite. I am going to rest now for the rest of the day. It’s a strange feeling to have this inside of my body. Its difficult to explain exactly how it feels but its like having a hangover and a fever (on board a boat) at the same time almost. I am happy that it all went so quick. Now it is all started and that feels great. Cancer cells – get out of my body NOW!
Maybe it looks like this inside of me?


The biggest tumour (10cm in diameter) is positioned in my thoracic cavity, the cavity of the chest. I guess around nr 2 or 14 on the picture. The other smaller ones are on both sides o my neck.


I am so glad that the treatment was not worse than this. I was expecting it to be much worse. Some patients get seriously and violent sick from the cell poison. I have been lucky so far. I just hope that it will be ok later on as well. Maybe my sickness will come in a day or two. Wait and see is all I can do.

No comments: